If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After the novelty, back to the usual --yet, quite unusual. The rest of the beetroot (after the millet risotto) was used to make a carpaccio salad, alternating beet slices to apple slices, seasoning it all with a dijon mustard vinagrette and some crumbled feta on top. You can also use horseradish sauce instead of mustard, or pear instead of apple, and any other crumbly goat cheese instead of feta. Very versatile, indeed! —Valeria Necchio
- 1/2 big beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Prepare the vinaigrette simply shaking mustard, salt, lemon juice and olive oil in a small closed jar.
- Alternated beetroot slices and apple slices on a serving plate.
- Spoon vinaigrette on top, and cover with feta crumbles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.