Celeriac Potato Latkes
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive Oil for frying
Apricot-Ginger Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- pinches salt
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, celeriac, and red onions. Mix well.
- Add pepper, flour, salt and eggs. Using fork, mix so eggs are evenly mixed in.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Form latkes into roughly 2-inch mounds and add to pan. Flatten with spatula.
- Fry each side for about 4 minutes before turning.
- Add more oil as needed. Blot extra oil on paper towels before serving.
- For yogurt sauce, mix all ingredients and stir to combine. Ginger and jam amounts can be adjusted to taste. Serve on side of latkes or spoon on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side