If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Celeriac Potato Latkes
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive Oil for frying
Apricot-Ginger Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- pinches salt
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, celeriac, and red onions. Mix well.
- Add pepper, flour, salt and eggs. Using fork, mix so eggs are evenly mixed in.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Form latkes into roughly 2-inch mounds and add to pan. Flatten with spatula.
- Fry each side for about 4 minutes before turning.
- Add more oil as needed. Blot extra oil on paper towels before serving.
- For yogurt sauce, mix all ingredients and stir to combine. Ginger and jam amounts can be adjusted to taste. Serve on side of latkes or spoon on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.