If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: The flavors in this dish were all very fresh. The lemon juice soaked nicely into the potatoes, which was great and did not overpower the fennel flavor at all. It was delicious to have for breakfast with over easy eggs! One note: I only had to cook the fennel mixture for four minutes. - Emily Weinberger
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 Meyer lemon
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes, boiled and drained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Trim the root end of the fennel, cut the stalks off where they meet the bulb, and peel off any outer layers that are brown or bruised. Cut the bulb in half lengthwise, leaving the core intact. Reserve the fronds. Place the halves, cut side down, on a cutting board, and slice the fennel thinly lengthwise.
- Toss the fennel in a large bowl with the shallot, thyme, bay leaf, fennel fronds, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a cast iron skillet until it is very hot and then toss in the fennel mixture. Once the mixture is tender and somewhat translucent (about 10 minutes), toss in the potatoes, and smash them up a bit with a potato masher. Add lemon and stir everything together for about 5 minutes and add cream.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until golden and slightly crispy on top.
- Top with parsley and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
Italian Breakfast Buns
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.