If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is a fresh, peppery crisp starter with a hint of sweetness, based on a potato-leek recipe of mine; I used ricotta whey and cannellini beans for extra creaminess. Delicious if you like radishes – give it a try if you don’t! Note: yep, I know, the radish contest is over...but I missed it. - lapadia
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pancetta – finely cubed
- 3 cups radish cut in half moons – thickness your preference
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 cup sliced leek
- 2 tablespoons Wondra flour (or AP)
- 3 cups milk 2% or whole NOTE: I used ricotta whey because I had it on hand.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15ozs. cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Crème fraiche for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated radish for garnish
- Wash and cut the radish, finely chop the celery, slice the leek, smash the garlic and mince. Grate carrot for soup and extra radish for garnish. Wash and drain the beans. Set aside until needed.
- In a 4-6 quart Dutch oven style pot; heat the olive oil, add the pancetta and sauté about 2 minutes to release the flavor; add the radish, celery, carrot, leek and garlic, sauté for a couple minutes more.
- Add the flour, stir, incorporate well, stir in the milk – one cup at a time; let simmer for 20 minutes, the soup will thicken a bit.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme paprika, butter, cannellini beans, salt & pepper to taste. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes, soup will thicken a little more.
- Add 2 tablespoons crème fraiche and grated radish for garnish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
Style with a breeze.