If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently got back from a vacation in Thailand and have been experimenting at home with some of the things I ate on my trip. Although I have yet to succed at making an edible curry paste from scratch (each attempt has been a spectacular disaster), I thought a premade curry paste would be a nice spicy complement to a sweeter vegetable dish with a salty feta topping. The framework for the recipe came from Cooks Illustrated's Scalloped Potatoes with Root Vegetables. - VanessaS
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Slice the sweet potato and parnsip into 1/8 inch thick slices on a mandolin. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven with a lot of surface area, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt to the pot and saute until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the curry paste and stir until combined and no clumps remain.
- Add the parsnips, cream, and stock to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato to the pot and bring it back to a simmer. Cover and let simmer about 10 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are just tender enough to pierce with a knife.
- Pour the contents of the pot into an 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish and sprinkle the top with feta. Bake for about 17 to 20 minutes, until the feta is browned and the cream bubbles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.