If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day i was having a bunch of friends over for some drinks, i had an incredible craving for bacon, and wanted to do some wrapped shrimp, but decided against it because i was already over budget. I was walking around looking for a substitute, and talking it over with my mom. I was looking for something kind of sweet to complement the bacon and we decided on carrots! Best decision ever! This recipe is easy, cheap and amazing! im not great with the exact oven measure or quantities, but with this recipe you can pretty much wing it anyways! —PAO!
- 1 packet Smoked Bacon
- 1 large carrot (will depend on the amount of bacon ur packet brings)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- pinches cayenne pepper
- Start by preheating your oven 325 degree F
- Peel your carrots and julienne them, try to do them as evenly as possible as they will go in the oven and you want them to bake at the same time! After Julienned cut them about 2-3 inches long
- take each slice of bacon and cut them in the middle
- Take a bunch of your julienned carrots and wrap them in the bacon (as much carrot as the bacon can handle), place them on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil
- bake until bacon is crispy (sometimes i turned them halfway when the top part is crispy, it'll depend if i remember to do so)
- When you take them out of the oven place them on some paper towel to drain some of the fat
- Meanwhile, take a bowl, throw in your mayo, sesame oil and cayenne pepper (amounts can vary depending on how spicy you like it or how much you love sesame oil!) mix it all together (you could also try throwing other ingredients in)
- What i like to do is just take the plate where i'll serve it and squeeze or brush some of the sesame mayo and then place on top the wrapped bacon! For added color you could sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.