If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Someone gave me this recipe 30 years ago (nothing trendy about this one). It has become a family favorite. Decided to make it last Saturday as my contribution to a dinner party, and I lost my recipe card in the store! I am creating this from memory - and how I made it last week as
It worked, the horseradish flavor with the sweet carrots is just so good! - Norwegian Cooking Princess
Serves 6 - 8 as side
- 2 bunches fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup carrot cooking water
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1/2 cup light mayonese
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, crumbled
- chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degree F Peel carrots, slice in to thin strips, lenghtwise Put in saucepan, cover with water
- Cook til barely fork tender, drain, saving 1/2 cup cooking water
- Mix dehydrated onion into hot saved cooking water, set aside to soften
- Mix horseradish into mayonese, slowly mix water/onion mixture into mayo, add salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange carrots in pretty ovenproof serving dish, pour mayo mixture on top, lift carrots a little here and there so that the sauce covers the carrots
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top, add the butter on top, put in oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle a little fresh chopped parsley on top and serve
Tags: Good all year around!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.