If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We like corned beef and swiss and also nachos. I just combined them all to make a killer game day appetizer. - jane mcmillan
Serves 6 or more
- 4 slices bacon, fried crisp
- 4 medium potatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick, skins on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion cut into slices
- 1/4 cup Guinness beer
- 1/2 teaspoon each, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup diced corned beef
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 2 jalepenos, sliced thinly
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalepenos
- 4 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa verde
- In a cast iron skillet, fry the bacon, drain on paper towels, crumble.
- Slice the potatoes and fry in bacon drippings until crisp and golden on each side.Drain on paper towels.
- Put the olive oil in the same pan and add the onions, cook over med high heat until carmelized.Add the Guinness salt and pepper,and continue cooking until the beer reduces off.
- Wipe your pan out, spray with non stick spray and put a layer of crispy potatoes in.
- Sprinkle evenly over the potatoes in this order: carmelized onions, corned beef, sauerkraut, jalepenos and Swiss cheese.
- Put under the broiler about 6 inches from flame and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until heated through, and cheese is all melted and gooey.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sour cream, jalepenos, and tomatoes.
- Serve with Guinness, of course.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side