If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was from my husbands grandmother who was from Sicily. There was never a written version of this recipe and I would follow her through the steps of all of her dishes so that I could write them down. This is a family favorite every year. - losangel
- 1 Loaf of High quality bread, crust on and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Celery, diced
- 2 cups Onion, diced
- 6 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley, coarsely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3-4 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- 1 pint, fresh oysters
- Cube bread and allow to sit for several days to get stale. (Alternately, toast in 200 degree oven until slightly brown) In skillet, melt butter. Saute onions and celery until translucent. Add to bread mixture. Add beaten eggs, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, pecans, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add 3 cups of chicken stock and stir to moisten all. If needed, add more stock until mixture is very moist. Add oysters and stir gently. Turn into greased casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.