If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing makes me salivate more than the aroma of sweet baking spices working their magic in the oven. This super-moist quick bread offers an unexpected twist, thanks to the addition of fresh ginger and molasses. Their flavors add an extra layer of warmth and spice that’s perfect for Autumn. I hope you'll agree this bread offers a great way to celebrate and share the season's apple bounty. —Sugar On My Tongue
Makes 1 loaf
- Nonstick baking spray
- 1 cup cup all purpose (AP) flour, plus 1 tsp
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses, unsulphured
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup apple juice, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups apple, peeled, cored and small diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a 5”x9” loaf pan with nonstick baking spray like Baker’s Joy or use butter and dust with flour.
- Add flours, baking soda, baking powder, and spices to large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another large bowl, add oil and sugars. Mix together with mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add egg, molasses, apple juice and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour mixture in three additions. Be careful not to overmix.
- In medium bowl, toss together grated ginger, diced apples, chopped nuts and 1 tsp AP flour until combined and lightly coated with flour. Fold fruit and nut mixture into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place pan on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, and bake until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 45-60 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Make sure bread has pulled away from sides of the pan (run a thin knife blade along the edges, if necessary, to loosen), and invert pan to remove bread. Cool bread completely on wire rack.
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is your cilantro contaminated?