If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The salmon has to be completely thawed, but refrigerated. I always do this with the skin off the fish. The fish can't be packaged with the ingredients and frozen for future use. It becomes too fishy tasting. Any of the flavoring ingredients can vary in quantity to suite your taste. I eyeball all ingredients when I'm doing it. - Chef Krull
For the salmon...
- 1 piece salmon (5 oz. or so)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chile sauce (my favorite is Mae Ploy)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Seal all ingredients in a food sealer bag and set aside.
For the scented rice...
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 cups salted water (should taste salty but not offensive)
- 1/2 white onion (small diced)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 piece lemon grass (3 inches)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Bruise the lemon grass with the back of a knife.
- Sweat the onions, lime leaves, and lemon grass in the sesame oil.
- Add rice and salted water.
- Simmer covered until water has cooked off and steam boils out of little holes in the rice.
- Leave covered and remove from heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Submerge salmon pack in a pot of water at 160 degrees.
- With one hand, watch the temp of the cooking water by holding a thermometer and adjusting with your burner.
- With a pair of tongs in your other hand, continuously move the salmon pack around in the water to avoid uneven cooking.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes. And set on a cutting board out of the water.
- Remove the lime leaves and lemon grass from the top of the rice and stir.
- Cut the salmon package open and serve on top the rice with your favorite vegetable blend (stir-fried, grilled, or steamed), chow mein noodles, and extra soy sauce and sweet chile sauce if desired.
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.