If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Feel free to add in mandarin orange segments, pistachios or top with a little cilantro. - Jacque
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 ripe pear, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalanpeno, seeded ad finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional add-in's : pistachios, mandarin orange segments or orange marmalade, cilantro
- Boil cranberries in water approx 8-10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Melt butter then saute garlic, onion and the jalapeno.
- When onions are translucent, add spices and the chopped pear. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Next add the wine, apple juice and vinegar followed by the cranberries and sugar.
- Reduce to simmer and let thicken, approx. 30 minutes.
- Let mixture cool then salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix-in's include 1/4 cup pistachios or 2 TB orange marmalade. Chopped cilantro also pairs nicely but ask around first - some people just don't like the stuff.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce