Author Notes: This started out as a simple recipe that a neighbor gave my mom back in the 80's. She used white rice and no cheese. I was recently given a BIG bag of fresh okra from my boyfriend's parents' garden a month ago and my mom told me about this recipe. I had also just bought a bag of quinoa and some fresh parmesan cheese so I added my own touch to it. I love this recipe and how simple but delicious it is! Works well as a side or meatless meal. - laurenp81
- 16 ounces okra
- 14.5 ounces can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- additional basil & oregano to taste (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour vegetable broth, quinoa, okra and tomatoes (with juice) in 9x9 baking dish.
- Grate parmesan. Mix with additional spices if you choose to do so and then sprinkle mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked.