If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is hearty and delish for a nice fall night.
xo - LadyGourmet
- 1 ½ pound chop meat
- ¼ cups Romano cheese
- 1 quart button mushrooms - sliced
- 3 stalks celery – chopped
- 1 Jalapeño – sliced – with seeds
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 bunch basil – chopped
- 3 egg yolks – beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 2 bunches scallions – chopped
- 1 onion – chopped
- 5 cakes chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Heat a soup pot with a drizzle of olive oil and add the veggies, except the basil. Allow the veggies to sauté until the onion is clear. Add the broth a simmer on low.
- Combine the chop meat with the basil and grated cheese. Form into small meat balls and gently drop into the soup.
- Combine the egg yolks with the corn starch and lemon juice and beat. Get the soup real hot and stir gently while drizzling the egg into the soup. Serve with grated cheese.