Author Notes: Eat this and you can skip your yoga torture session without feeling like the day is a complete failure. Inspired by a similar salad I saw in my grocery store's (gasp) deli section. I know, right? Comes together in a snap and keeps well for days if you don't dress it. I didn't actual use dill in the version I made, but I kept thinking throughout the week that it would be a good addition so I've included it here. - Niknud
Serves 3 for dinner with leftovers for lunches all week
- 1 pound edamame, cooked as directed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons dill, minced (optional)
- rice wine vinegar
- good quality olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine all the vegetables and dill in a bowl and toss gently. Drizzle a goodly quantity of rice wine vinegar and a somewhat lesser amount of olive oil over top. Add salt to taste. Easy-peasy.
- Note: this makes a sizeable quantity of salad. I dressed portions individually as I served them and kept the rest, undressed, in the fridge. It was still as good on Thursday night as it was on Sunday when I first threw it together.