If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eat this and you can skip your yoga torture session without feeling like the day is a complete failure. Inspired by a similar salad I saw in my grocery store's (gasp) deli section. I know, right? Comes together in a snap and keeps well for days if you don't dress it. I didn't actual use dill in the version I made, but I kept thinking throughout the week that it would be a good addition so I've included it here. - Niknud
Serves 3 for dinner with leftovers for lunches all week
- 1 pound edamame, cooked as directed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons dill, minced (optional)
- rice wine vinegar
- good quality olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine all the vegetables and dill in a bowl and toss gently. Drizzle a goodly quantity of rice wine vinegar and a somewhat lesser amount of olive oil over top. Add salt to taste. Easy-peasy.
- Note: this makes a sizeable quantity of salad. I dressed portions individually as I served them and kept the rest, undressed, in the fridge. It was still as good on Thursday night as it was on Sunday when I first threw it together.