If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Slow Cooker Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 roast (about 3 lbs.)
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 pound pearl onions, blanched, peeled and stems trimmed
- 4 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 ears corn, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- Place red potatoes and sweet potatoes in a 7-qt. slow cooker. Add roast, broth, pearl onions, garlic; season with salt and pepper. Place corn around roast and add water. Cover and cook on high heat 6 to 7 hours.
- Transfer roast to a shallow bowl, leaving slow cooker on, but now turned to low. When roast is cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Smash some of the potatoes in slow cooker. Add cubbed roast. Dish up using bowls and top pot roast with a dollop of sour cream and a handful of grated carrots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Roast
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.