If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom always made this on Thanksgiving when I was growing up. I always look forward to seeing the first batch of fresh cranberries arrive so I can get my fix! Mom always made it with walnuts. But, living in TX, I usually use my local pecans. It's all good! —caramiller
Serves a big bowl full
- 16 ounces Fresh Cranberries
- 16 ounces Can of crushed Pineapple
- 1 cup Crushed Walnuts or Pecans
- 1 handful Brown sugar (optional)
- Wash and pick through cranberries
- Place cranberries in a saucepan with just enough water that they are floating.
- Bring to boil and then let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the cranberries break apart.
- Turn off the heat.
- Mix in pineapple and nuts.
- Add sugar if you prefer sweeter, but the pineapple really sweetens it up enough for my taste buds.
- Serve with your favorite Fall meal!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce
All Tied Up
The 4 knots you should know
The knots you should know.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's #happylist.
Have a ball (jar).