If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This stuffing is our absolute favorite Thanksgiving side dish. Such a perfect complement to all of the wonderful Thanksgiving dishes. Definite crowd-pleaser and easy to make! - mrsriley81
- 12 cups white bread cubes, baked until slightly dry
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 6 cups coarsely chopped leeks
- 2 cups celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1/3 cups chicken stock
- salt to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pan, cook sausage until browned and crumbled. Remove from pan, set aside, and drain grease.
- In the same pan, melt the stick of butter and add the apples, celery, leeks, and poultry seasoning. Saute until softened, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, cranberries, and cooked sausage, mix all ingredients together well.
- Stir in the dried bread crumbs until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Moisten with chicken stock. Bake in a buttered casserole dish, covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing