Author Notes: Who says cranberry sauce has to be boring? This sauce boasts zippy ginger and tangy lime, both of which add a lot of flavor without overpowering the cranberry or wandering too far afield from traditional sauces. - coconutlime
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- Place the cranberries, juice, sugar, ginger and zest in a medium saucepan and, stirring occasionally, cook for 20 minutes over medium high heat to reduce and thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rum. Serve hot or cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce