Author Notes: My inspiration was a recipe I saw on Granny Choe's website at http://www.grannychoe.com/. After testing it out on friends and family, I made some changes and I'm submitting it for your enjoyment. The kimchi flavor in this version is subtle. If you want to bring out the kimchi flavor more, you can replace the pear juice with kimchi juice to increase the tang and spice. - Tamar
- 12 ounces Stuffing mix
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup walnuts or toasted pinenuts
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup nappa cabbage kimchi, chopped
- .5 cups Asian pear juice
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 14 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- Mix the dry ingredients first (stuffing, onions, garlic, walnuts, pepper, oregano and thyme) together in a large bowl.
- Add the kimchi, pear juice, butter and broth. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13 x 9 baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees in the center rack of your oven.
- Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing