If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my family we don't stuff the turkey or making dressing on the side. We form the stuffing into balls and arrange them around the bird. That way they soak up some of the juices while allowing the turkey to cook fully and efficiently. - coconutlime
- 25 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 ounce sage, torn
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large pan, saute celery, mushrooms and onions in butter and olive oil over very low heat until the onions are translucent. Do not brown. Add to bread cubes in bowl and add seasoning. Combine with egg and broth. Form medium-sized balls. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place balls in the bottom of the roasting pan under the rack and around the turkey or chicken on the rack for the last 1/2 hour of roasting and cook until cooked through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.