If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Freddy and I live on the top of a mountain in the middle of a vineyard, so we don't see little trick or treaters. We get the older variety who like their treat with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. I have adapted this recipe from one that my mother used to make back in the day when little children ran around neighborhoods not necessarily their own, begging for candy. This is also a decadent gift for occasions when you want to be remembered sweetly, like Holidays, birthdays, hostess gifts and any time you just need a great chocolate fix. - dymnyno
Makes 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate pieces or chips (I used Guittard)
- 6 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
- In a large pot add the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, water and butter. Stir until the mixture boils and makes a soft ball when dropped in a glass of water.(this happens rather quickly)
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Quickly beat the chocolate and the marshmallows into the mixture until they have dissolved completely. Then add the walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture on a slab of marble or a baking sheet and let it cool.
- After the fudge is completely cooled, cut it into whatever size pieces that you want.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection