Author Notes: Cranberry sauce is essential for turkey! I have tried several different approaches to cranberry chutney, but prefer this simple recipe, which I adapted from one that calls for canned cranberry sauce. I make a bunch as soon as the cranberries hit the grocery store, can it and give it for holiday gifts. It also is excellent on turkey sandwiches, or as a topper on turkey and cream cheese roll-ups for a holiday potluck. - abbyarnold
Serves 4 cups
- 24 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup white raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Bring cranberries, sugar, water and vinegar to a boil. Simmer until cranberries pop.
- Stir in other ingredients and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and refrigerate, or spoon into hot jars and seal.