Author Notes: or, what to do if you have too many kiwi fruit. My niece and I got kiwi fruit in our Bountiful Baskets, and while we are perfectly happy just eating them the way they are, my nephew is not, so I did a little experimenting. Az pictured, it is with one jalapeno and one green chiles, but for more heat, use more of either or both. - weshook
Makes about 3 cups
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chiles, finely chopped
- 2 slices red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro and add to the salsa with the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.