If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These “truffles” came about one evening when I was making some Irish potato candy. While I love Irish potatoes in their original, the combination of cream cheese and coconut in the mixer just seemed to be crying out for more additions. Since almond and coconut go so well together I decided to add some ground almonds to the mix, and these “truffles” are the happy result. Smooth and creamy with a bit of a crunch from the almonds and coconut this candy seemed to be channeling an Almond Joy. A dusting of cocoa powder was all they needed to pull it all together. - Couldn't Be Parve
Food52 Review: In two words (no, actually four); insanely easy, insanely rich. I love the idea of a unique, yummy, no-cook holiday confection, and Almond Joy Truffles fit the bill perfectly. After creaming together the butter and cream cheese and adding the vanilla I was a little skeptical that the almonds and coconut would be incorporated but it came out brilliantly, and when dusted with the cocoa powder tasted just like an Almond Joy on steroids. Can't wait to share them with co-workers tomorrow! - wssmom
Makes approximately 90
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine if making vegan)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (or tofutti cream cheese if making vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 cups ground unsweetened coconut
- 8 ounces finely ground almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In the bowl of a mixer beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and confectioners’ sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Add the coconut and almonds and mix until well blended.
- Using a teaspoon at a time roll the mixture into balls. Place the balls in the cocoa powder and toss to coat.
- Chill until set. Store the candies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are best served at room temperature so remove them from the refrigerator a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
Exaggerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Extra thin, extra delicious.
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Pasta e Fagioli
Go play outside!