Author Notes: This has been in our family for years, I have no idea where it came from originally! - Around the Block
- 1 pound bag of herb stuffing
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms
- white wine
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Melt butter in saute pan, add celery, onions, mushrooms.
- Cook rices, separately, per directions on box. Use stock for extra flavor.
- In a large oven casserole, add cooked rices, bag of stuffing, sauteed vegetables and dried cherries.Mix together. Pour wine over to moisten, cover and bake for 40 minutes at 300 degrees.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing