If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Risotto is actually quite simple to make and this takes no time at all. You can make it to the consistency you prefer but I make it thick and creamy vs a looser risotto.
*this is a twist on Martha Stewart's Simple Risotto —simplyreag
- 3 cups Spicy V8 juice
- 1 pound fresh chorizo, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- In a stock pot bring the V8 juice and 1 cup water to a boil, then reduce heat to low and keep warm. While stock is warming, cook chorizo through in a saute pan - set aside juices and all.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablesponns butter and saute the onions over medium heat until translucent. Season with salt and pepper and the cayenne pepper.
- Add the arborio rice to the onions and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Then add the wine and cook for about 1 minute or until the wine is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Pour in 1/2 of the V8 mixture, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes). Mix in the chorizo and juices as well as the remaining V8 mixture and cook for another 10 minutes or until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Remove risotto from heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter as well as the parmesan cheese, stirring until melted.
- Serve and garnish with additional paresan.
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.