If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was spot-on. The sweet maple is noticeable without being overwhelming. And while the bottoms of the cookies are crisp, the cookies are tender and chewy. —SavvyJulie
Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg, syrup and vanilla, and beat until well-mixed with the butter.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. Place each half between two sheets of wax paper and roll out to 1/4? thick. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Pull one dough sheet from the refrigerator and peel off the top sheet of wax paper.
- Cut into shapes using your favorite cookie cutters and space 1? apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes at 375F until the edges start to brown. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- When you can’t get any more cookies out of your dough, mash the scraps together and roll the dough out once more. Cut out all the additional cookies you can.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating with your favorite icing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).