If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 27 years ago, when my husband wanted to propose to me, he called my Gran to get her advice. He knew I loved antique jewelry, and since she was an antiques dealer, he thought she could help him find something. Well she did and she even let him put it in "layaway" until he got his bonus.
He found out her favorite candy flavor was maple cream and with his last payment, he had a box of the maple creams sent from the 3 Sisters Candy Shop. Gran was so excited that the first candy she tried just happened to be her favorite--a maple cream! Then later that day, she had another piece and it too was a maple cream! The next day when she went to eat another piece and it was also a maple cream...she said that it was a pretty special box of candy from a pretty special guy....i couldn't agree more.
This candy is combination of favorite flavors from Gran and Dale. I wish I had created it while Gran was still alive, i know she would love this. you can make a plate for your loved ones...any one who likes a peanut butter cup will love this.
Use good quality chocolate candy. I prefer the Ghiradelli candy making & dipping bar because it leaves all your candies with that beautiful sheen. —lorigoldsby
Serves 6-8 dozen
- 8 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup good quality maple syrup (grade B)
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 8 ounces melted chocolate
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, cereal and maple syrup. Slowly add confectioner's sugar, stirring until incorporated..
- Roll into small bite sized (or two bite) balls. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate dipping candy in a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Dip candies into chocolate. Traditional buckeyes leave a small section of the pb mix uncovered. Place on wax paper to set 1-2 hours. you can put these into small candy wrappers, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.