If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've always loved the sweet and salty combination of chocolate and pretzels, and the fresh and creamy combination of chocolate and mint. This combines all of those in one irresistible and totally easy to make holiday treat. - Savour
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- .5 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1.5 cups small, salted pretzels (twists or sticks)
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1.5 ounces candy canes, crushed
- In a microwave proof bowl, microwave the semisweet chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, and then microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each bout, until the pieces are melted. Mix in peppermint extract, then stir in pretzels. Spread as thinly as possible onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and pop in the freezer for 15-30 minutes or until firm.
- Repeat the microwaving process with the white chocolate. Quickly spread the white chocolate on top of the hardened chocolate pretzel mixture, and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. Let cool until firm, and using a sharp knife, break into pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.