Author Notes: Leftover pumpkin from Halloween or Thanksgiving? Make gnocchi!!! - ginnygetsfloury
- 2 cans pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- On a floured surface, roll into logs a 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Cut logs into 1 in pieces and rolled it down the back of a fork.
- Cook in batches in boiling water until they rise to the top of the pot.
Browned Butter-Shallot-Walnut Sauce
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a pan, dry roast the walnuts until toasted and place in a bowl.
- Over medium heat, brown the butter until it has caramelized.
- Add the sliced shallots to the butter and cook until translucent.
- Add walnuts and thyme.
- Mix with the gnocchi and enjoy. You may want more butter or some olive oil to prevent sticking of the gnocchi.