If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Leftover pumpkin from Halloween or Thanksgiving? Make gnocchi!!! —ginnygetsfloury
- 2 cans pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- On a floured surface, roll into logs a 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Cut logs into 1 in pieces and rolled it down the back of a fork.
- Cook in batches in boiling water until they rise to the top of the pot.
Browned Butter-Shallot-Walnut Sauce
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a pan, dry roast the walnuts until toasted and place in a bowl.
- Over medium heat, brown the butter until it has caramelized.
- Add the sliced shallots to the butter and cook until translucent.
- Add walnuts and thyme.
- Mix with the gnocchi and enjoy. You may want more butter or some olive oil to prevent sticking of the gnocchi.