If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I made this dessert was for a mixed bunch of folks (dietarily, that is.) Since then, it's become my go-to dessert any time I need to appeal to a large mix of people: adult, kid, vegan, lactose-intolerant alike... this cookie is the ultimate people pleaser. They're simple, crunchy with a soft middle, and never fail to induce salivating from guests.
p.s. - the slightly more healthy full post is available here: http://thefreshbakedfreak.blogspot.com/2011/06/you-cant-please-everyone-oh-contraire.html - Rachelrum
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour (feel free to sub gluten-free or whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate, if you're doing vegan)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, optional
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon molasses, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours, baking powder, chips, and nuts in a large mixing bowl and create a well in the center.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, oil, vanilla, water, and molasses (if desired) and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry; do not over-mix!
- Spoon drops of dough onto cookie sheet and mold into desired shape.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then switch racks and rotate trays 180 degrees. Bake another 6-7 minutes.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.