If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great way to zip up your thanksgiving plate. It is a bright fresh counterpart to the often heavy Thanksgiving casseroles. We first made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and have been tinkering with it ever since. It is especially great as it doesn't require any cooking and we all know oven and burner space is at a premium come Turkey Day. This relish is also great year round - try it on top of grilled fish or chicken. Toss a few bags of cranberries in your freezer and you can have cranberry relish all year long. - melissav
Makes a big bowl
- 2 cups craberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cups jimica, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (seeds and membrane removed to decrease heat, leave in if you like it fiery)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup mint, julienned
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Pulse the cranberries in the food processor until coarsely chopped. I find that this takes about 7 one second pulses. Scrape into a bowl.
- Add onion, jimica, jalapeño, orange and lime zest and juice, sugar, honey, and ginger. Stir well and refrigerate at least 45 min and up to 1 day. [Note: I find that is helpful to always taste the jalapeño as the spice level varies greatly between pepper.]
- Just before serving, stir in mint and hazelnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce