If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Anchovy dressing livens up celery! Read more here: http://threecleversisters.com/2011/10/06/celery-anchovy-salad/ —sarabclever
- 10 stalks of celery
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 anchovy fliets
- juice of 1 lemon or 3T white wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Trim and chop the celery, put in a bowl, and cover in cold water. Allow to chill for an hour.
- Make the vinaigrette: If you have an immersion blender or similar equipment, combine all vinaigrette ingredients and blend until well emulsified into a golden liquid. Taste it, and add additional salt if needed. (I always add salt after tasting, because anchovies are salty to start with). If you don’t have an immersion blender, chop the anchovies finely (they will eventually become a paste), and mix with the garlic and lemon juice or vinegar. Then drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify and combine.
- Drain the celery well, and dress with the vinaigrette. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Note: Allowing the celery to chill in water for at least an hour before dressing it perks it up, ensuring it will be at its freshest and crispest. Make sure to drain it well, or the flavor of your dressing will be unpleasantly watered down.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.