If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My roommate and I made this punch for a recent housewarming party. The temperature had just dropped outside, and apple cider was abundant all over New England. Wanting an easy party drink that tasted just like fall, we immediately grabbed rye whiskey as our base spirit. A one-two punch of fresh pressed apple cider and the hard stuff (for bubbles). We found some great maple flavored bitters at a cocktail shop in Somerville, MA, but any bitters you like should work fine. We used Old Overholt Rye; no need to grab super fancy stuff for this drink. - kate
Food52 Review: This is fall in a tumbler. Rye gets your blood running hot, two kinds of cider sweeten and spice it up, and a few dashes of bitters give it depth. All it takes is four ingredients and a quick stir -- naturally, it will be our new any night cocktail. - A&M - The Editors
Serves 10-20, depending on your tolerance!
- 6 cups Apple Cider
- 750 milliliters Rye (we love Rye, but any whiskey will do)
- 20-30 dashes Maple Bitters, or other bitters like Angostura
- 12-24 ounces Hard Cider
- Mix together apple cider, whiskey, and bitters in large punch bowl. This mixture can be held for up to a day or two before serving.
- Right before serving, stir in hard cider to taste and add ice mold, if using. Season punch to taste with extra bitters. Serve punch with additional ice.
- Your Best Punch Contest Winner!
Topics: Holiday Entertaining