Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. - Dessert's On Me
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 16 wafer-thin crispbreads
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- sea salt
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a skillet, toast fennel seeds over moderate heat until fragrant. Add sugar and cook until melted and covers seeds. Scrape candied fennel seeds onto a plate and cool.
- Put chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until almost melted.
- Working very quickly, dip wafers in chocolate and transfer to baking sheet. Sprinkle with fennel seeds, ginger and sea salt. Refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes, then serve.