If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I built a cocktail around two of my new favorite beverages—Italian blood orange juice and Fresh Ginger’s Original Ginger Ale. The orange juice hails from Sicily, where at the base of Mt. Etna volcanic soil aids the growth of the fruit. It is sourer than regular orange juice, and vibrantly colored. The ginger ale is made with real ginger, so it has a satisfying, almost spicy bite. These two ingredients are paired with lime and, for the adult version, liquor. For mine, I used ginger vodka, but you could use another kind vodka or rum, if you prefer. —Cristina Sciarra
Makes 1 10-counce drink
- 1.5 ounces ginger vodka
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 1/2 cup original ginger ale
- juice of 1/2 lime
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Mix blood orange juice with lime juice. Right before serving, add original ginger ale and lime wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch
A Case for Cooked Fruit
Fruit is great, but fruit desserts are better
A case for cooked fruit.
Recipe of the Day
It's time to travel.
No plates, no problem.
Off to market.