Author Notes: This is my quick "go to" recipe for fresh spinach...much more preferable than the can my mom opened up when I was a kid. - inpatskitchen
Serves 2 to3
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach leaves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional but really good)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil, add the garlic and crushed red pepper and saute until the garlic becomes fragrant but doesn't brown.
- Add the spinach leaves, a few handfuls at a time and stir after each addition. Add the water about halfway through adding the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, give it another minute on the heat and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe