If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my quick "go to" recipe for fresh spinach...much more preferable than the can my mom opened up when I was a kid. —inpatskitchen
Serves 2 to3
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach leaves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional but really good)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil, add the garlic and crushed red pepper and saute until the garlic becomes fragrant but doesn't brown.
- Add the spinach leaves, a few handfuls at a time and stir after each addition. Add the water about halfway through adding the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, give it another minute on the heat and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Food Blog Links We Love
We've got all the hard-to-pronounce things
Food blog links we love.
The truth about salt swaps.
It's time to travel.
Our recent favorite recipes.
Put cake on a pedestal.