If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: St. Francis winemaker, Heather Munden, knows how to put Cabernet to good use! Try this simple pancetta recipe which uses the winery's logo Cabernet. Perfect in Food52's Pasta Al Forno with Pumpkin & Pancetta, or our Silky Shallot Soup with Crispy Pancetta! —Food52
Makes 6 pounds pancetta
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 7 small juniper berries
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 pounds pork belly, skin off
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup St. Francis logo cabernet
- Grind spices and mix, in a large bowl, with the salt.
- Place pork belly in a large ziplock bag and rub the spice mixture all over.
- With the pork still inside the bag, rub it with garlic and gently pour on the wine, taking care not to rub off the spices.
- Cure the belly in the fridge for 8-15 days. The salt and spices will penetrate the meat, rendering it firm.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews is the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Get your shine on.