If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made a cranberry sauce with rosemary from Fine Cooking for years. Today, with a batch of fresh, local cranberries, I decided to change up the recipe to include pear brandy, although I suspect apple brandy would taste just as good. I used lemon zest to brighten up the sauce, and I am happy with the brightness and fresh taste. Hope you agree! - Bevi
Makes approx 12. ounces of cranberry sauce
- 12 ounces cranberries - local if you can get them - picked though and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pear Brandy
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- zest 1/2 lemon
- Add all the ingredients, except the lemon zest, to a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat. Cook to the degree of doneness you like in your sauce - I simmer for about 3 or 4 minutes. Take off the heat and immediately add the lemon zest. Stir in and allow to sit. This recipe can be made days in advance.
- NB: Cover sauce with either plastic wrap or parchment paper to prevent a "skin" from forming on the surface of the sauce.