Author Notes: This came to me when I found a couple of half-filled bottles of red wine on the counter. (A rare occurrence at my house) but it does happen. You can do this with a half a bottle of red that's been sitting in your fridge (by the way you should never do that to red wine) for a day or two and just adjust quantities with the amount of wine you have on hand. Feel free to mix and match - a Cab can merry a Pinot.
This is fun for the holidays and floating green fruit makes it so xmas like. - blanka.n
- 1/2 liter Red wine
- 1/2 liter Cheap red wine
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 2 ounces Brandy or Cognac (optional)
- 1/4 cup Ginger ale
- 1/2 cup Club Soda - (or as much as desired)
- 3-4 pieces Thinly sliced fruit: green apple, grapes, lemon, lime, orange
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large glass pitcher - stir with a long wooden spoon and add the sliced fruit. Cheers and happy holidays!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch