If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's November and I'm still canning! This is the last, absolutely last thing that I am going to can this fall. We've had a week of warm, well, sorta warm days and I picked the dregs of my tomatoes that were left on the vine: Romas, Black Russians, Golden Cherry, and a few I don't remember the names. I picked some green ones too. My lime tree is starting to produce a lot of limes. So this is the resulting jam that is sweet, sour, savory with little confetti like green specks throughout . I used the chile sparingly but if you can stand the heat, add more. - dymnyno
Makes 4 cups
- 4 pounds tomatoes, stemmed and medium chopped
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 large lime, cut into very thin slices and then cut into confetti sized pieces
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon(ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves(ground)
- Put all the ingredients into a large pot and bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes. Then, reduce to a simmer and cook until the mixture thickens to a good jam consistency. This can take a few hours,or more, but be patient. Just stir every once in a while to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- This recipe makes about 4 cups (2 pints). Process in a water bath for about 15 minutes. Cool and check the seals.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.