If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friends Allan and John just returned from a trip to Venice, Italy. While in Venice, they noticed people ordering large pitchers filled with an orange liquid. The beverage turned out to be not Orange Kool-Aid, but Spritz Aperol.
Aperol comes from Padua and was originally created in 1919. Some of the ingredients are bitter orange, gentian, rhubarb and cinchona.
As Allan says: "One of the things we like about it is that it's light in both flavor and
alcohol--a change from our usual brain-numbing martinis--giving us a gentler
launch into the evening."
I looked online, and didn't see Allans's recipe so give him full credit! It also counts as a punch because it has fruit in it!
You will see a picture when I have luck in uploading it.
Serves as many as you like
- Equal Part Aperol (In most liquor stores - made by Campari)
- Equal Part Prosecco (no need for the expensive stuff)
- Equal Part Sparkling Water
- 1 Orange Segment for Each Glass
- Ice for Each Glass
- In pitcher or punch bowl add Aperol, Prosecco, Sparkling Water.
- Add ice and orange segment to each glass.
- Pour, toast and drink!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch