Author Notes: My friends Allan and John just returned from a trip to Venice, Italy. While in Venice, they noticed people ordering large pitchers filled with an orange liquid. The beverage turned out to be not Orange Kool-Aid, but Spritz Aperol.
Aperol comes from Padua and was originally created in 1919. Some of the ingredients are bitter orange, gentian, rhubarb and cinchona.
As Allan says: "One of the things we like about it is that it's light in both flavor and
alcohol--a change from our usual brain-numbing martinis--giving us a gentler
launch into the evening."
I looked online, and didn't see Allans's recipe so give him full credit! It also counts as a punch because it has fruit in it!
You will see a picture when I have luck in uploading it.
Serves as many as you like
- Equal Part Aperol (In most liquor stores - made by Campari)
- Equal Part Prosecco (no need for the expensive stuff)
- Equal Part Sparkling Water
- 1 Orange Segment for Each Glass
- Ice for Each Glass
- In pitcher or punch bowl add Aperol, Prosecco, Sparkling Water.
- Add ice and orange segment to each glass.
- Pour, toast and drink!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch