If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Far from the usual, this warm punch is made with pear nectar, red wine, and honey that's steeped with star anise and dried hibiscus blossoms. Star anise, gives it a licorice-like flavor. —Kukla
- • 1cup dried hibiscus blossoms
- • 4 cups pear nectar
- • 2 cups red wine
- • 1/4 cup lemon juice
- • 1 cup star anise
- • 1/3 cup honey
- • star anise, fresh pear wedges, if desired
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over 1/2 cup dried hibiscus blossoms (Jamaica) and let steep 5 minutes. Meanwhile, warm 4 cups pear nectar, 2 cups red wine, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 2 star anise over low heat.
- Strain hibiscus infusion into a large pitcher, add pear nectar mixture, and stir in 1/3 cup honey. Serve warm in mugs. Garnish each serving with a whole star anise and fresh pear wedges if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch
More Great Recipes: Boozy Drinks
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.