If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe to bring to susan g's potluck as an extra side dish for something fresh and easy to travel. —Sagegreen
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely sliced
- pinch of coarse salt, such as pink Himalayan
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and cut into small matchstics
- 1 firm mango, cut into small matchsticks
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup bruised and chopped fresh mint and cilantro (equal portions)
- 1/2 teaspoon or more of Aleppo pepper
- After chopping the red onion, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. After cutting the pear and mango, squeeze the juice of the lime and toss with the fruit.
- Toss the onions and fruit together. Add the rice vinegar. Toss with the chopped herbs and Aleppo pepper. Chill. Taste seasoning and add more salt if needed. Serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.