If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a very basic recipe for whole wheat pancakes (I think from recipezaar millions of years ago) that I've tweaked and is a great foundation for more interesting breakfasts. This is one of our family favorites. The lemon zest just loves the blueberries and ricotta, and although these are hearty, they feel light and are delicious. —em-i-lis
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- scant 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta (I make Jennifer's!)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dashes cinnamon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- ½ cups blueberries
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey. When well-mixed, add the eggs, buttermilk and lemon juice, and beat well. Fold in the ricotta.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and lemon zest. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a griddle and cook four pancakes at a time, flipping once or twice, until cooked through. Serve with powdered sugar sifted on top and/or maple syrup if you like.
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.