If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a contest going on at Marx Foods. They sent a sample of candy cap mushrooms to me and all I had to do was make a recipe and submit to their contest. Very fun, and very delicious! Candy cap mushrooms smell strongly of maple syrup. I thought this recipe would be fantastic for a holiday breakfast. If you feel so inclined to try this recipe, candy cap mushromms are available at www.marxfoods.com - ashleychasesdinner
- 1 loaf white bread- preferably day old
- 1/4 cup dried candy cap mushrooms
- 3 cups cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Take a 2 quart pan and bring cream just to a scald. Take pan off heat. Infuse Candy Cap mushrooms for 1 hour.
- Butter 9x13inch baking dish. Tear up the bread and place it in the dish. Whisk the eggs with the milk, cream/mushroom mixture, sugar, vanilla, butter, salt and spices in medium bowl to blend; pour over bread. Sprinkle the raisins over the mix, and mix ingredients all together.Cover, and chill overnight. ( You could also go ahead and bake in oven at this time)
- Place 9x13 dish in preheated 350°F oven and bake 60 minutes. Spoon pudding onto plates. Could serve with a sprinkle of chopped, toasted nuts, or with a slathering of butter and warm maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.