If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those recipes that just sort of popped into my head of it's own accord. I don't know why, but I am glad it did. It sounds like a sort of odd combination of ingredients but the sweet and salt and creamy and crunchy are (I think) delicious! I will write the salad for one but you can make as many as you need for others or can eat yourself. - aargersi
Serves 1 or more - it's up to you
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk (low fat is OK)
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) creamy blue cheese (I used cambazola)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 or 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- a few grinds of pepper, and maybe salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Start with one teaspoon of honey and no extra salt - the saltiness of the blue cheese and sweetness of honey vary widely, so blend and taste before adding more.
The Salad (per person)
- 1/2 perfectly ripe avocado - cubed
- an equal amount of Asian pear - peeled and cubed the same size as the avocado
- 1 strip crispy bacon
- snipped fresh chives
- Toss the avocado and pear with a few spoonfuls of the dressing. Top with crumbled bacon and snipped chives.
- Enjoy in the fall sunshine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Kale Pesto Orecchiette & The Gin Hound.
Not-so traditional pesto
Smoky and Spicy Paloma
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Poems for your fridge.