If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family, back in Roanoke Virginia, serve this every year at Christmas brunch. It is, without a doubt, a crowd pleaser... - F for Food
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large (5qt) pot, bring 3 cups of salted water to a boil. Slowly stir in 1 cup of grits. Continue stirring and reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Stir in 2 cups of grated, sharp, cheddar cheese. Add a dash of Tabasco sauce and a couple of dahes of garlic salt. Stir in 2 large eggs, beaten. Add 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Stir in 1lb of cooked sausage (I used Grandma Broadbent's sausage). Salt to taste.
- Pour it into a greased baking dish (I used a cast iron skillet), and cook it for 1 hour. Sprinkle a little bit of grated cheese on top, and put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until it browns a bit.
- Let it cool for a bout 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls